We’ve written before on hazardous cannabis waste and what you need to know. What about non-hazardous cannabis waste? Do you know what qualifies? We’ll begin with setting a framework of what non-hazardous cannabis waste is and then follow-up with some tips and methods to handle it properly.
What qualifies as non-hazardous cannabis waste? Non-hazardous cannabis waste can be separated into two categories: plant waste and non-plant waste:
Best Tips And Methods To Handle Non-Hazardous Cannabis Waste
A Few Tips and Methods of Proper Handling
1. Do not comingle hazardous and non-hazardous cannabis waste.
2. Don’t forget that certain non-plant waste also contains universal waste elements (like Lithium-ion batteries). Please separate those elements.
3. Do have your non-hazardous waste in a secure area.
4. Do consider sustainable disposal practices, such as composting, for your plant waste.
5. Don’t forget to track your waste.
We’re certainly here to be your go-to cannabis waste resource. We service cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, testing laboratories and event organizers. If you’re just starting up and need a waste management plan to submit to the State and/or your local municipality, contact us directly and we’ll create one for you. If you have waste regulation inquiries shoot us an e-mail here and if we don’t know the answer, we’ll find out for you.