Technician wanted for the collection, transport, and processing of non-hazardous (solid) waste:
Driver/Processor positions record all pick-ups and deliveries on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. The driver is responsible for safely operating a commercial truck and its contents; responsible for efficiently servicing assigned customers while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies. The position will also be required to conduct the unique processing of waste material collected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for all types of Drivers:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Operates truck safely in heavy traffic and other congested areas. Maintains a safe distance between other vehicles and always checks clearance before moving truck.
- Completes daily safety checks and routine cleaning of equipment (i.e., windows, mirrors, etc.).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, checking and adding fluids, checking tires and safety mechanisms, and performs other maintenance as it relates to vehicle inspection or safe operation.
- Reports all maintenance problems to the supervisor or another company official
- Reports all accidents, illnesses, and injuries regardless of how minor they may appear to supervisor or dispatcher immediately,
- Reports all unsafe conditions or hazards, such as low wires, heavy traffic, narrow pathways to supervisor immediately
- Reports all traffic violations to supervisor immediately.
- Operates hydraulic loading mechanisms on the truck.
- Loads, unloads, and transports Non-Hazardous / Hazardous material in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures that the load is secure prior to transport.
- Takes the shortest and most direct legal truck route to and from the assigned work area.
- Does not make any unauthorized stops.
- Wears personal protective equipment (i.e., seat belts, gloves, work boots, safety glasses, etc.).
- Communicates and interacts with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Reviews, signs and maintains appropriate copies of all tickets, trip sheets, shipment records, and driver or vehicle maintenance logs.
- Attentive to DOT Hours of Service rules.
- Responds to emergencies that are within the scope of training.
- Cooperates with supervisors, co-workers, and works as a team member.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job description.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Occasionally works alone when operating truck. In-depth knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required to efficiently perform work tasks. Skills in operating various equipment required in order to safely perform the job. Must be able to manage time effectively in order to achieve goals and service customers.
- Conduct routine pickup of waste material from the client facility
- Properly operate company vehicles (van, truck, and trailer)
- Conduct the processing/rendering of cannabis product into waste
- Properly operate company equipment (cement mixers, drums, shovels)
- Conduct routine drop-off of rendered waste material at the landfill
- Complete and submit all manifests/chains of custody associated with waste pickup and drop-off
- Complete end-of-day cleanup checklist, including facility cleaning, trailer closeout, and prep for the following day
- Attend routine company meetings (safety, operations, updates, etc.)
- Maintain compliance with the PPE program, including a respiratory protection plan
- Strictly adhere to all company protocol
- Any additional Services as requested by the Company
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and or crawl; properly lift heavy objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 21 years of age
- Must have valid and clean California Class A Commercial Driver License preferably with Hazardous Material Transporter Endorsement (not required for General Driver)
- 2 years of experience driving a commercial vehicle with a Class A CDL (not required for General Driver)
- 40 hours of OSHA training
- Ability to work with hazardous/non-hazardous waste
- Must be able to pass random drug screening and annual physical
- Must be able to pass DOJ LiveScan background check
- Must be able to lift and/or move 50-75 lbs
- Experience handling waste manifests and shipping documents
- Must be responsible, presentable, and have the ability to engage with clients
- High School Diploma or equivalent