Though California is beginning to relax its stay-at-home orders, the COVID-19 pandemic remains an ever-present concern. As such, only “essential businesses” are permitted to operate without restriction at this time. The cannabis industry is considered an essential business (healthcare), as is service/sanitation. GAIACA fulfills both essential business descriptions, as we have clientele that rely on our service to allow their businesses to continue operating safely and effectively.
GAICA is steadfastly committed to ensuring the safety of both our employees and vendors. We are heeding all CDC guidelines, and we have made a few notable changes to our operations to help curb the spread of the virus. When you work with GAIACA, you can rest easy knowing that we’re taking every available precaution.
How We’re Protecting Our Employees & Clientele
Every employee at GAIACA has been educated on our COVID-19 policies and is held accountable for maintaining them. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend service to any client unwilling to follow our Social Distancing Protocol. This is to ensure the absolute safety of everyone who depends on us.
These are just a few of the steps we’re taking:
Social Distancing Protocol
GAIACA has implemented a strict Social Distancing Protocol to minimize unnecessary contact.
- Guests and employees must maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another
- All desks and workstations have been reorganized to ensure at least six feet of distance between employees
- All unnecessary physical contact is strongly discouraged
- Employees have been instructed to maintain social distance during all financial transactions with clients. When payment is required, a staff member will provide the client with a clipboard and step away, allowing the client to provide a signature using their own pen.
- Guests and employees are prohibited from entering the facility if they have a cough or fever
- All employees capable of working from home have been transitioned into a home-work environment. All employees who cannot perform their duties from home are required to heed the Social Distancing Protocol.
Personal Protective Equipment
Employees are required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while on the job. This includes nitrile gloves, safety glasses, and an N95 face mask when available. When N95 masks are unavailable, employees will wear other temporary face coverings.
In addition, employees are required to sneeze or cough into a cloth or tissue; if none is available, they must sneeze or cough into their elbow.
We’re working tirelessly to maintain a clean work environment for our employees and clients.
- Breakrooms, bathrooms, and all common areas are disinfected daily to eliminate any potential surface contamination.
- Hand sanitizer, soap, and water are being made available to employees and the public near the entrance of the facility and in all common areas.
- Employees are required to wash their hands frequently and avoid touching their face. All uniforms, PPE, and work tools must also be kept clean and laundered.
To help minimize unnecessary contact, GAIACA is now scheduling solo routes for all of our waste management operations. This means that the route is managed by a single GAIACA Technician.
Larger routes may still require multiple technicians, but we’re working to ensure as many solo routes as possible, thereby promoting the safety of both our technicians and our clients.
Your Safety Is Our #1 Priority
These are just a few of the changes we’ve made to ensure a safe, productive environment. As the protocols change and the experts update their recommendations, we will let you know about any additional adjustments that we make.
If you have any questions about our amended policies, please contact us today. We would be happy to provide you with more details or to make special arrangements if you require additional precautions. Thank you for choosing GAIACA.