GAIACA, Monterey County’s only permitted cannabis waste revitalization company, is seeking a driven intern to fill an environment and public health internship position, with the ultimate goal of full-time employment post-graduation contingent upon successful completion of internship KPIs.
The ideal candidate:
- Has the tenacity to learn and grow with a rapidly scaling company;
- ability to multitask;
- is flexible and can pivot tasks/projects easily;
- has strong verbal and written communication skills;
- are data-driven and an analytical thinker;
- isn’t afraid to ask for clarification.
Preferred educational background:
Pursuing a degree in environmental science, technology & policy; agribusiness; environmental science/studies or a comparable field of study.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administrative tasks (record keeping, document prep, logistics, general office work, etc.)
- Research (Ex: environment and public health impact, employee exposure assessment, composting techniques, cannabis in traditional agriculture business, etc.)
- Apply for grants a develop program, identify grant and funding opportunities, prepare proposal
- Creating and conducting studies and surveys
- Testing/profiling of cannabis waste to create analytical database
- Reports directly to the COO
Length of internship: negotiable
Start date: 2 January 2018
# of hours per week: 10-15 hours/week